We’ve read many articles lately about NaNoWriMo and if anyone truly cares how the hell your novel writing is going.
We know, everyone is an author, a writer, a future best seller. Come NaNoWriMo, the next best sellers crawl out of the woodwork and clog your feed with annoying bits about how their masterpiece is going…and then you never hear about it again.
We love NaNoWriMo. True, it can feel a little bit overwhelming and the idea of sitting down daily to write strikes fear into the heart of some authors who like to live in caves and never finish their manuscript. Or those of us who tell ourselves that we never resolved the conflict of our protagonist because life got in the way.
Put those lies aside and light a fire under butts, friends. Now is the time to write.
With French Press Bookworks, we are going to publish three lucky NaNoWriMo manuscripts. If you’ve been hanging around, you know French Press Bookworks is our kid sister and a bridge between self publishing and traditional publishing.
If you haven’t been around, French Press Bookworks works for the independent author. Royalties are high and vary by author depending on what the author wants and needs with their book. Some authors don’t want any extra help, some want a lot. If you don’t want or need what the person next to you wants or needs, why are you getting the same royalties for less services? It makes no sense.
With French Press Bookworks, we also offer all of our formatting, editorial, and marketing services independently to authors and writers who are self published and just need extra help or want to self publish and just need some finishing touches.
We are releasing our debut French Press Bookworks title, We’re All Mad Here from Leigh Raines, this winter – December 10th to be exact, and we’re wanting to expand our family. What better way than to convince you to stick to your NaNoWriMo goals and finish that book?
- Go to NaNoWriMo.org and create an account if you haven’t already
- Write your synopsis
- In three days, start writing your book and when you have your first chapter finished,
- Fill out our form.
We will chat with you during NaNoWriMo and on the 15th of the month, we will select 20 semi-finalists from our submissions. That means you can submit to participate up until November 15th. After November 15th, submissions close for NaNoWriMo, but we will take a look at your final submission after NaNoWriMo if you miss the deadline for it’s potential with our family at a later date.
On the 25th of the month, we will narrow it to ten and ask for your current manuscripts. Finally, when NaNoWriMo is over on November 30th, we will select our winner.
The NaNoWriMo Winner will have their book published by French Press Bookworks in print and digital sometime in 2015 with 60% net digital royalties, and 15% net print royalties up to 2500 copies, 25% after 2500 copies.
Publishing with French Press Bookworks as a NaNoWriMo winner means you get:
- Full comprehensive editing session of three edits
- Professional cover design following your wishes and vision
- Complete interior formatting for digital editions and print
- All necessary ISBNs
- Submission to Bowker Books in Print
- Copyright filing with the US Copyright Office
- Inclusion in our catalogue which is distributed monthly to book sellers, librarians, and other industry professionals
- Prime space on the soon to be coming newly redesigned French Press Bookworks website (visit us next Monday!)
- Blasting on all social media
- A series of cool blogs introducing you to all of our readers and fans
- 5 teasers with premium images made from pieces of your book
- Customized book landing page complete with buy links and link to your personal page
- 1 month run on NetGalley
- Introduction of your title to our extensive blogger database
- Customized marketing plan
- Marketing and Outreach Workbook
- Access to our Author Support Tools database which is updated weekly
- Weekly author newsletters for our team
And, most importantly, the support of our author team. Our authors rock! They’re always looking for ways to help each other out and being part of the community is really important to everyone as they know helping each other in turn, helps them as well.
AS we mentioned, the FPBW website is finishing its redesign and will make its debut next Monday. Make sure to stop by, but in the meantime, go get your NaNoWriMo account and then get to writing so you can submit your initial entry!